• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$600 for RE LA's, DIY X-member

Gmachine

NAXJA Forum User
I was pricing out RELA for my XJ and I can get both lowers and uppers for $600. I work in a maching shop so building my own X-member can't be that bad. At least I know the components would be of high quality. A crossmember can't be too involved right?

I bought 3.5"RE coils, AAL and 2" shackles used. I was figuring on adding a 2" coil spacer and go with this set up mentioned above on the front.

Any ideas?

Why did you buy 3.5" coils and 2" spacers when you could have just got the 5.5 coils and spent less? but crossmembers are easy to build, check out mine http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=904283
i did mine at my work and it only took a couple of days (could only work on it during my lunch and breaks).

I got the used 3.5" springs cheap, but I may just sell them and buy some 5.5".

We are so busy at work, the less time I can spend there, the better. We work some pretty crazy hours. I'm in college fulltime too, so the more steps I can eliminate the better. I know I'm capable of making some, just not sure when???

I still don't see why these LA kits aren't cheaper for all that they really are! Maybe I should look into suplimenting my income by building some of this stuff when I become a teacher.

Back