• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Your thoughts on overload leafs

Ray H

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a set of ProCrap leaf springs. I didnt realize it when I bought them but they have a flat overload spring on the bottom. Im debating whether or not to use it. Any thoughts?
I can see good and bad with it. The good is I do sometimes tow with the XJ and it would keep the springs from wearing out and no axle wrap issues. I can have a softer ride and not have those problems.
The bad is that its like a big scoop and it may limit my flex.

Ray H said:
I just bought a set of ProCrap leaf springs. I didnt realize it when I bought them but they have a flat overload spring on the bottom. Im debating whether or not to use it. Any thoughts?
I can see good and bad with it. The good is I do sometimes tow with the XJ and it would keep the springs from wearing out and no axle wrap issues. I can have a softer ride and not have those problems.
The bad is that its like a big scoop and it may limit my flex.
Being a big scoop would be my only real complaint. Inverting your leafs in flex can wear them out faster, but YMMV. Run them and see how things work out. Scrap 'em if you don't like it.

Back