• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heat duct for the crotch

87baseomatic

NAXJA Forum User
I just blanked out. 92 xj. I had most of my dash out to fix some things and I just completly blanked out on where the tube from the heat duct on the drivers side under the steering wheel goes to. I left it connected to the lower dash panel but can't for the life of me see where it supposed to connect to.

I will look at mine in the morning. JIM.

Couldn't get in it today. We got alot of ice. Will look when it thaws out. JIM.

Looking at the dash....it should come from the left side of the heater box...just above opening for the floor....:dunno: ain't sure but that would seem logical

yeah one would assume it has no choice but to come from the drivers side of the heaterbox. I just cant remember for the life of me.

Didn't know mopar made a block off for it. I do remember 95 and 96 xj's didnt even have the vent on the lower dash piece. I rarely use the a/c (don't remember if it even works) so I am not too concerned with its efficiency.

It looks like mine hooks to the center vent. If you remove the dash trim & the 2 panels that have the rear window wiper switch & the cig. lighter it should be easy to get to. HTH. JIM.

Back