• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maxxis Daily Driver mileage

Matt S.

NAXJA Forum User
Maxxis has been in our market long enough now where people should be close to wearing them out. How many miles have you gotten out of your Creepy Crawlers and Big Horns? I start DDing my 35" CC's and am not sure that these will last 20k or more.

i know a rep for maxxis back when i raced mtn bikes and he also was on the scene with the car industry i am going to send him and maxxis an email just to add to this thread and see what they come up with... the CC is a pretty soft tire for DD... i doubt it will see even 17-19k i bet around 15k...anyways i will post up replies

here is the reply i got...

Maxxis replied to your email 2/12/2007 at 9:34:50 AM, The reply is as follows:

Hello Murphey, Thanks for your interest in Maxxis Tires. The creepy crawlers are a great off road tire, Since they are a Bias-Ply and much softer than radial tires, the expectancy is probably not real good. I would expect between 10-15,000 miles out on them. The Bighorns on the other hand would last 3-4 times longer than the Creepys. From previous testimonals we have averaged between 50-60 miles out of a set. Please call me direct with any future questions at 678-407-6763 or email [email protected] Thanks again for your interest in Maxxis Tires.

Billy Moore
Maxxis Tires
678-407-6763

Swanee GA!! I know those guys, they're all cool.

The Big Horn will give you many more miles than the Trapador or Creepy Crawler. For the price, the Big Horns are THE WAY TO GO.
I'm buying my 35x12.50s soon!

Scrappy said:
I start DDing my 35" CC's and am not sure that these will last 20k or more.

You know, you really shouldn't daily drive ANYTHING that is intended for off road use... :nono: :nono:

:D

haha yeah how dare you drive your off road heap everyday! i must say driving my jeep across atlanta every day defiatly got some looks... but i do get better gas milage than the h2's so it is justified... :D

Capt. Nemo said:
You know, you really shouldn't daily drive ANYTHING that is intended for off road use... :nono: :nono:

:D
especially something that looks like this!

dscn2192.jpg

aparke4 said:
here is the reply i got...

Maxxis replied to your email 2/12/2007 at 9:34:50 AM, The reply is as follows:

Hello Murphey, Thanks for your interest in Maxxis Tires. The creepy crawlers are a great off road tire, Since they are a Bias-Ply and much softer than radial tires, the expectancy is probably not real good. I would expect between 10-15,000 miles out on them. The Bighorns on the other hand would last 3-4 times longer than the Creepys. From previous testimonals we have averaged between 50-60 miles out of a set. Please call me direct with any future questions at 678-407-6763 or email [email protected] Thanks again for your interest in Maxxis Tires.

Billy Moore
Maxxis Tires
678-407-6763

Wow.. right from the source! I think I can live with that mileage. One year of driving and wheeling. Not bad. Probably replace with Big Horns though.

Nemo, you know our rigs are the hooptiest and most unsafe vehicles on the road. I mean, sinking 20k into a vehicle MUST mean it is a POS right? At least that is what the government tells me.:confused1

yes right from the source! it must be a GA thing or somtin'... maxxis has been very good to me and are one of my favorite companies

I miss my buckshots...

Since you have the hook up, can you find out when the Trepidor radial in the 35x12.5x15 is going to be available. Ive only seen it in a 30 and 31 so far.

I looked all over the internet before ordering my Bighorns. I read lots of stuff on them from lots of different places and very little of it was negative. There were several reports of 50-60,xxx miles out of them. That was one of the deciding factors for me. I've got just under 3,xxx on mine,....... so far so good.

Hale

Back