• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheapest lockrite...opinions of them in chry. 8.25

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

well the other day a bunch of cherokees, and YJs came over to my house and we were wheeling. now ive got a locker in the front, and have 35 inch kumhos, but rear is still open. 1 kid with 31 inch ATs and a rear locker tried to call me out, and say his jeep in 2WD would go farther. now i knew if he had muds or bigger tires of course he would..hes locked in the rear. but i figured it be close, and it was. we had a hill. that was "doable" in 2wd. but it took me 3 tries, and the 3rd time i had to really hit it, and go WOT with it. he went up it first try, and it was pretty embarrasing.

so anyways, i didn't want to have it completely locked out, untill this summer when it wasn't my DD anymore. but after seeing that the other night, and can only imagine what i could do with lockers fr/r. so does anybody know wheres the cheapest place i could get a lock-rite. do they work well with the chry. 8.25, and in a DD

buy an aussie

read once more....8.25 (EIGHT POINT TWO FIVE....also known as EIGHT AND A QUARTER). now find me an aussie for it. ive got an aussie in my d30, and love it...but they dont make one for my rear

Powertrax no slip is the cheapest option, I have the lockrite in my front 30 and love it. I have an Auburn Gear LSD in the rear and once that needs to be replaced I'll go with the no slip.

I ran a regular old Lock right in my 8.25 for a couple of years, it was fine. I got it new off ebay for like 250 shipped to my door. Since then I have a 8.8 with discs and a spool!!! much better now!

wishihad1 said:
no slips are around 400. lockrites cheapest i can find are 290 from rustys...anybody know where theyre a little less??
I have an 01' 29 spline and I don't think the lockrite is for the 29 spline, keep that in mind, only for the 27 spline I think. Then the cheapest way to go is the no slip. When I was looking for the locker for my front I kept my eye open for options for my rear 8.25 29 spline and as far as inexpensive options there aren't too many.

Back