• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 ontario pick a part

silverslk

NAXJA Forum User
I am pretty sure I saw a D44 in a older cherokee yesterday. I don't know anything about it but someone does because the rear cover bolts were loosened and it said open on the cover. Anyway, figured I'd pass it on, especially because its raining and 50% off on rainy days. Last time I asked they said complete rear axle assy (drum to drum) was $115 so 50% off would be a score.

silverslk said:
Anyway, figured I'd pass it on, especially because its raining and 50% off on rainy days. 50% off would be a score.

Funny... I just got back from pick a part and it was raining and no 50% off what I got... they charged full retail.. I know next weekend is 50% off weekend...

Bentonedge said:
ok there are pick and pulls in cali. i love this state for just that. don't see many of them in michigan,

close to where youll be theres a few. one about 30 mins from mirmar down by the southern so cal border in chula vista that has alot of cherokees.

I was at Ecology in Wilmington today, found a 2wd 4cyl 5spd Cherokee with the 8.25 rear... unfortunately there was something wrong with the axle and the driveshaft would lock up after 2 rotations...

I thought I'd only have one axle to re-gear if I got it.

jeeperjohn said:
I have an open 8.25 w/3.08 for sale, if you're interested PM me.

Why would I want what I already have?

Oatmeal said:
What gear ratio are you looking for? I have a 3.55/open 8.25 I'd like to get rid of-----------Hans

silverslk said:
I am pretty sure I saw a D44 in a older cherokee yesterday. I don't know anything about it but someone does because the rear cover bolts were loosened and it said open on the cover. Anyway, figured I'd pass it on, especially because its raining and 50% off on rainy days. Last time I asked they said complete rear axle assy (drum to drum) was $115 so 50% off would be a score.

That was me. I tried to scratch "3.55 Open" on the cover. Figured it would save someone some time.

Oatmeal said:
What gear ratio are you looking for? I have a 3.55/open 8.25 I'd like to get rid of-----------Hans
just wondering how much you want? I have a usable housing for a buddy but no guts, if it was cheap, I would be interested, maybe a trade?

Skullvarian said:
just wondering how much you want? I have a usable housing for a buddy but no guts, if it was cheap, I would be interested, maybe a trade?
I'd take $125. It's in excellent shape, complete with e-brake cables, brake hose, longer than stock u-bolts (from my lift) u-bolt plates, swaybar and brackets......ready to bolt in. Nothing wrong with it, I just pulled it when I replaced it with a D44 and now it's taking up space in my yard--------Hans

Back