• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shims?

95ckee

NAXJA Forum User
what degree shim do i need? got 5.5" extreme duty lift and wonderin what shim i need in the rear? any pics would be great. its got 5.5" lift and 2"blocks and im wantin to take the block out is why im needin to know

I'm getting ready to shim mine as well. From what I've gathered, you need to measure your driveshaft angle. If you have a slip yoke eliminator you want to shim your pinion up so that it is 2* less than your driveshaft angle. If you do not have a SYE, then you want to shim your pinion down to make it the same angle as your transfer case output shaft.

yes its got a sye. im gettin ready to go to the teraflex extreme short shaft sye that i got for the 231 i got a while back. its got the hack and tap now and the 242. thanks.

I agree as far as i can gather with a non sye you want them as close to equal as you can get and with an sye up to 2 degrees. You can get a cheap protractor from lowes or home depot and then just measure and subtract the difference. Then put the correct shim in to make it the angle you want.

Back