• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what its wrong with my xj???

white_elephant

NAXJA Forum User
I just lift the front of my xj 1.5 inches and it still rub when i turn...

what the hell is going on??

i had a 4.5 lift kit on 33s

now i should be 6 inch lift on 33s

but i havent lift the rear

So you havn'et lifted the rear yet, but you are running a 6" lift on the front?? Thats odd,

You may been to Cut your fenders... Where is it rubbing... If you don't have the right backspacing, you'd be rubbing on the springs.

are you running stock length LCA's? If so that might be your problem in conjunction if you have not trimmed out your fenders. What exactly are you rubbing, the bottom inside corner of the fender or the LCA?

Are you just rubbing on you LCA? Thats easy to fix. Your knuckles have basically a bolt sticking out of your steering knuckle.Adjust the bolt out or install a longer bolt so the bolt stops the steering befor the tire hits. Left side bolt stops right side from rubbing.

it rubs at the bottom of the fender...on the rear....

my backspace is 3.75

i think it may be because im out of alignment and because may be my track bar is not set rigth.
(i think its this because only one side rubs)

how do i set my trackbar??

What type of suspension arms do you have on the XJ? Are they short arms? My old short arm lift rubbed in the back of the front fenders. If you didn't lenthen or change your arms when you lifed it more the tires will get closer to the rear of the fenders due to the angle change.

well i have the ones that come with rustys 4.5 lift kit..

i will be upgrading to long arms ...like next month or something....

but by now im driving like this but its odd that only one tires rubs...

Back