• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift after thought

Gnat5680

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have figured out that I am going with Rusty's 4.5" spring pack kit. I will need an SYE but I was wondering about the CV driveshaft. Do I have to mesure my current shaft or do I have to get another length? Where can I get it from? About how much are they?

1995 XJ country.

Thanks!

Do you have the 4.5" lift yet? If not, you may not need a sye. I have 4.5" RE pack sitting at 5.5" and just dropped the tcase 1". I have a 2000 and yours may be different. Hopefully you have all the good luck and get what you need. Have fun.

Jason-RJR said:
Even better option is to have a local driveshaft place make you one. A Tom Wood's shaft is gonna cost you alot more.

That may be the case, but is the local shop going to warranty it and provide great customer service, in case something happens?

I suppose you can have a shop lengthen or shorten and balance a stock front one for the rear, if needed.

Different strokes for different folks....

CanMan said:
That may be the case, but is the local shop going to warranty it and provide great customer service, in case something happens?

I suppose you can have a shop lengthen or shorten and balance a stock front one for the rear, if needed.

Different strokes for different folks....

Well, that would depend on the shop but the ones around here would. We have Driveline Express down here, and they're a solid business.

I got my DS from Dirk at DPG Offroad. He uses a local to him DS shop to make his shafts, PowerDrive IIRC. There is nothing anywhere close to me as far as DS shops go. I'm happy with it so far. No complaints. I suggest giving him a call.
www.dpgoffroad.com
DPG as well as Tom Woods are NAXJA sponsors too. Support those that support us.:thumbup:

Hale

Ok, I know I might be a little thick headed, but does the Auto front shaft bolt right in or are there other parts needed? Lots of confusing info on this topic :S

Back