• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new window regulator squeaks

furrymcmonst

NAXJA Forum User
Using the advise I found searching the forum, I was able to install a new window regulator on my '90 XJ with manual windows. Thanks to these forums, I've been able accomplish 3 projects as a complete mechanical novice. (NSS, window regulator, fan clutch) I really appreciate the help.

I drilled out the rivets and used 1/4 bolts in their place. The window rolls up and down fine but it squeaks when rolling down. The squeak sounds like it's coming form the area where the handle attaches.

Any ideas on why it only squeaks going down?

Also, there is a black tube that holds the excess material as you roll down the window. I just sort of curled it up behind the speaker. Could this have anything to do with the squeak?

The window is slightly out of horizontal but I can live with it. I've tried messing with the track but can't seem to get it just perfect. Any ideas on this?

Back