• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suggestions on upgrading my lift kit

The_Big_D

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, new to the site, seems like some really great info here on Xj's...

now my question is... i have 98 Xj classic with 3" rusty's SP lift in place, at the moment i am only running a TC drop and it has cured what little vibes i had, but i know i will have to go to an SYE in the near future...

but when i do put the SYE in i want to go about 2 inches higher aswell... what do you guys suggest i do to get this extra height.... would shackles and coil spacers ontop of my kit be a terrible idea and crappy ride or would they work ok?.. i don;t wheel very much at all, only dirt roads mainly and small river crossings... or would you suggest dumping the 3" rusty's all together and just get say 4.5 rusty's or 4.5 or 5.5 RE kit or someting similar, money is a pretty big factor for me at the moment because i am still in school...

thanks

its very common for people to run spacers and shackles to increase lift with a 3 inch system .. ride will be very simular to what you have ... as far as vibes go i, they will be back if you go up more .... you can try shimming and you might get away with it but with a 98 prolly not ... good luck ...

Back