• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tnt Y-link problems

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
well my front driveshaft is too short.i installed the y-link and went under my jeep, i messed with the arms completly. extended them all the way out and then all the way in and still the front DS doesnt fit. with the arms adjusted all the way in i got about 1/4" distance from the end of the driveshaft to the diff yoke.its so frusterating. so close but so far. any suggestions to help me out?

How much lift are you running? Stock DS? What year is your Jeep?

We need more info. Unless you're well above 6" I don't think it should be that short.

the lengths of my lower arms are threaded in all the way so there is no way i can suck the front axel any closer. and the lift im trying to run is about 7" up front... they are RE7.5" springs up front. anything else? its a 90 4dr 4wd np231 ford 8.8 rear hp30 up front

I am going to assume you have pulled the shaft forward and realize that the length of it is not stationary. I have no problems and am sitting at about 7 inches of lift.

huh????? the DS is still bolted to the front of the t-case. i tried to install it but there is not enough slip on the splines. DS compressed there is about 4" or so but with it extended there is maybe a 1/4" inch. so close its poissing me off...

not its a auto trans. i would take a pic but no camera. sorry

I belive you, no pic needed...you have a few options.

You could set your suspension up the way you want then measure and have that one retubed and extended.

or

You could measure and try to find a longer front shaft at the Junkyard.

as you can see i made a response 5 days ago and nothing else. i also changed the arms on the kit completly so its different.....:)

and middle of U-joint to middle of U-joint is 30" and thats with the DS extended

I have the tnt kit, but the kit with the fixed upper arms, not the adjustable. I am also running the RE 7.5 springs, the ds fits fine, you sure someone didnt maybe put a diff ds in it, it is more than 10 years old could have happened along the way. Mine is a 95, ax15, np231. Just my $.02 hope it helped.

play_in_the_mud said:
I have the tnt kit, but the kit with the fixed upper arms, not the adjustable. I am also running the RE 7.5 springs, the ds fits fine, you sure someone didnt maybe put a diff ds in it, it is more than 10 years old could have happened along the way. Mine is a 95, ax15, np231. Just my $.02 hope it helped.
ill go check the junk yards tommorow. thanks

I had the same problem in MJ when I extended the arms. I also have a 4.0 AX15 231. I swapped in an AW4 231 driveshaft and problem solved. Hope that helps.

Back