• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lookin for a locker

nathanf

NAXJA Forum User
where can i order an aussie locker for 90' dana 30 front axle
or does any one have any opinion whether an aussie or lockrite would be better for my application?
and can i go 4.88 with a lunch box type?

nathanf said:
where can i order an aussie locker for 90' dana 30 front axle
or does any one have any opinion whether an aussie or lockrite would be better for my application?
and can i go 4.88 with a lunch box type?

I really did not see any difference between the Aussie or the lockrite. And gears do not make a difference as long as you have the propper open carrier to support the 4.88 ratio.

If your current ratio is is 3.55 or lower (numerically) you need a different carrier...if it is 3.73 or higher (numerically) the 4.88 will fit....hint...if you are going to 4.11, 4.56, or 4.88 gears...install the locker in the carrier before you install the gear set.

You may have to change carriers to run 4.88 depending on what you have now. I've used lockright's in 3 diferent axels. I know they work well and hold up to much abuse. Powrtrax no-slip is now what I would consider to be the lunchbox locker of choice. It cost a lot more but they don't click pop and bang like the lock rights. It was a little embarassing to me when you would pull in and out of places and people would look at you wondering what the clicking poping and somtimes banging noise was. Maybe sombody knows if the aussie locker makes the same noise and if it does I would go with the lockright because of it's proven reliability. I would highly recomend the no-slip if you plan on wipping into places with the intent to pick up chicks because they are not near as noisy. I see this is your second post so you may need to look into the different carriers and lockers for different gears. Nothing worse when hopping up a Jeep than doing and buying stuff twice. Don't ask how I know that!

my aussie only clicks when coasting around turns. no pops, no bangs. if I gas it around the corner, the aussie is silent, but the tires aren't!

order from the aussie locker website.

I have an aussie in my 30 and love it. From my experience, aussies are smoother and quieter than a lock right. I have had both in my hands too, and the aussie seems to be built better. Tighter tolerances and better heat treating. They also don't have a tire size limit for the warranty, IIRC lock rights are limited to 31s (at least they used to be).

offroadlockers.com

Back