• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hella optilux fog lights

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone run these? They are just Cheapo fog lights from places likes autozone. I need to replace my factory lights cause only one works and both are rusted out.

Yup, I got a set of Amber ones, Hella Optilux. They are pretty damn bright if you ask me and have a nice cutoff. They were 20 bucks and well worth it.

100_0165copy.jpg

Not to mention they're tiny and easy to mount.

No, I didn't have stock fogs but they're 55w so I don't see it being a problem. They really help at night and in the recent snowstorm I turned my headlights off and saw much further down the road using only these. Highly recommended.

Any light under 55w should work fine w/ OEM fog light switch. If you want to use over 55w then put a fused relay in line. Should be no problemo.

I got a set a while back, and they were great for about a week or so...then the lens on one of them broke, not sure how. I tried to get it replaced but they said tough luck. Not good, and you can't replace any parts.

The only good thing I can say is the wiring that comes with it is pretty well put together, you just plug it in and it's done! And the switch is the nicest fog light switch I've seen, mounts perfectly in the XJ and doesn't throw off too much light. Also it's lit when on and off (changes from red to green).

That being said, I'm a big fan of the pro comp 55w fog lights. They're cheap, good and bright, strong (I've yet to break one, had them on my old MJ and now have a set on the XJ) and if you did break a lens, you can replace em!! they're like the jeep of fog lights. they KISS and replacement parts are cheap.

Another option you might consider is Pilot Automotive PL-280B. I run these in my Rigidco bumper and they work excellent. $30 at Autozone and are 55w using H3 bulbs.

2001XJ-front.jpg

Back