• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HP44 swap Q's

foxwar71

NAXJA Forum User
in my search for some more beef, ive come across this 44

"Bill of Mat. No. 603782-1 Ford Dana 44 High pinion, Driver side drop, WMS appox 66", Welded on raduis brackets, not cast."

yeah, its missing gears and a carrier but hose would probly get replaced anyways. i was thinkin of cuttin them down to waggy width or leavin that wide. question is can i take the pass side mounts off and leave a clean tube to work with? so are these not the style that have the mounts made into the knuckle?

4bz5eth.jpg

29pr9d2.jpg

Those are the weld on wedges. You can grind them off and have clean tubes to do whatever you want with the mounts. Nice find.

Cast mounts are less desirable and limit what you are able to do with the axle.

wedges.jpg

wedgesoff.jpg

Last edited:
that is prolly a '76-'77 model F150 or bronco...

That is a nice axle.

Yes you can strip it down to a bare housing...and no that is not the axle that has the cast in RA mounts.

Nice find.

skyjackedxj96 said:
D44truss.jpg

very nice find indeed. slap one of these on it TNT!

Hey that's my axle!!! Here is a picture of it now.
100_2638.jpg

If you have any questions you can PM me. Definately go with the TNT Conversion. They have just finished up the parts you will need to do a complete install. Steering Trackbar Bracket (frame side and axle side), Trackbar, Tie Rod, Drag Link, etc... for a high steer set up. We just finished up the last pieces today and I will have it done by the end of tonight. Just waiting for the paint to dry on the trackbar. Everything works together on there kit to give you perfect steering geometry.

Back