• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sensor question

DurbElites

NAXJA Forum User
i have been helping my buddy rebuild his engine out of a 89 xj 5sp and renix engine and he forgot where all the sensors went and which ones, so i need help putting all the sensors back in the engine so we can put this engine in tomorrow. can anyone tell me which sensors go where on the engine block? i tried to search but the one thread i found i couldn't get the pictures to show up and the manual he has is crap with no info about locations. if any one has pictures or info that would help alot. thanks

DurbElites said:
i have been helping my buddy rebuild his engine out of a 89 xj 5sp and renix engine and he forgot where all the sensors went and which ones, so i need help putting all the sensors back in the engine so we can put this engine in tomorrow. can anyone tell me which sensors go where on the engine block? i tried to search but the one thread i found i couldn't get the pictures to show up and the manual he has is crap with no info about locations. if any one has pictures or info that would help alot. thanks

do you know what they all do?

IAT - intake manifold
TPS - throttle body
IAC - throttle body
Coolant temp - block, infront of motor mount, under exhaust
Coolant temp - radiator
Knock sensor - block, behind motor mount, under exhaust
ummm what am i missing
oil pressure sender - obvios
coolant sender - black of head
MAP - on firewall
CKP - bell housing