• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where have I been???

Loose_Nuts_Enterprises

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Just thought I'd let you guys know why I've been such a ghost lately.

Some friends and I built the firts Jeepspeed 2 Wrangler, in 8 weeks, and raced it at the Parker 425. We didn't have time for a test run....we got it finished the night before the race and tested it out with over 30 jeepspeeds during the race! The jeep worked great...we started in 9th position with 15 second start intervals. In the first 20 miles, we were leading the pack for a short time, when we blew a radiator hose, and burned a head gasket. Not too shabby for a test run! Next race is in Barstow the last weekend in March. All of you guys should come watch!

I know it's not an XJ, but at least it's still a jeep....here's an action shot.

dsc_5865wtmk.jpg

SWEEEETTT!!!!!

Good Job! Good luck in the next race!

I wish I could make the March race.

So how do you think the Wranglers will fare versus the Cherokees?

Nice Job. Hopefully ill be out at the march race cheerin you on!
-Allen

are you on the same team as jack graef? lol cause if so I hear about thiseveryday at work, did you actually get to drive it or were you part of the two teams who got screwed?

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
are you on the same team as jack graef? lol cause if so I hear about thiseveryday at work, did you actually get to drive it or were you part of the two teams who got screwed?

Yeah, Jack and I are on the same team. I didn't get to drive. Scott Hartman and I were ready at the first driver change, but the jeep never showed up. It was a great shakedown run though. It was alot of fun building, and making some great friends in the process.

-Dan

cool shi*t Dan! I need to order some parts from you whenever I get money again...

Dan Turner said:
Cool, let me know....I'm assuming you liked you Christmas present....

You have a cool girl.

-Dan

Oh indeed I did and she is.

I caught some of the build on one of the boards and have a quick question - why four wheel drive? My impression was that most of the Jeepspeed/desert style race rigs are rear wheel drive only? What t-case are you running?

Thanks!
Eric

Capt. Nemo said:
I caught some of the build on one of the boards and have a quick question - why four wheel drive? My impression was that most of the Jeepspeed/desert style race rigs are rear wheel drive only? What t-case are you running?

Thanks!
Eric

4WD for the wranglers is per the Jeepspeed rules. For as little as we got to drive it, it seemed to be an asset in the silt and sand.

We're running a 231.

-Dan

Aweaome Dan when will yo post up the particlars for the race in Barstow? I wheel and ride my quads up there quite often but have never been to a race. Good luck getting the wrangler back up and running.

jack

March 31st, Barstow, course 'B'

take I-15N to outlet center drive (the exit before the outlet stores on Lenwood)

Race starts at 8:00am.

We'll be out there this weekend doing some testing and pre-running.

-Dan

Back