• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn front winch bumper owners....

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Looking at getting a used Warn front bumoer like this:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/78009_800_07.htm

I have ordered a Rigidco, but its gonna take too long and I hope I might can get my deposit back :eyes:

Anyways a few ?s:

How do these bumpers mount? Pics pleeease?

Can it be mounted over my CROK steering brace plates?

Anyone got a pic of this bumper on a 97+ XJ?

Thanks

I have the bumper without the bars on top.

I don't have any good pictures of the bumper, but I can assure you that you will not be dissappointed in the mounting of this bumper.

I have SEVERAL winch pulls (uphill, downhill, and side hills) I've yanked people with it, I once hit a tree at roughly 10 mphs...

the powder coating scratches but the bumper hasn't shifted or dented...

I'm very glad I have it.

I can't comment on the CROK braces.

I noticed a huge difference in rigidity after I installed it.

Starscream said:
A ton. A friend had the bumper with grill guard tubes and had to use an engine hoist to set it in place. It's probably close to 200lbs.

ughhh :rolleyes: hoping more like 100lbs

ECKSJAY said:
Yeah, no way in HELL it weighs 100lbs. :)

HTH

so a 3/4" spacer won't make up for it? I don't run a winch btw.

When I put a 75 pound ProtoFab bumper on the front of my XJ the front end went down between .5" and .75". Made up for it with a 1 inch spacer. This was on 3 inch rustys lift coils, non HD. The protofab bumper is 1/4" but doesnt have and bars like the warn one has. My guess would be around 90-100 pounds, but that is just an estimate.
-Jerry

You'd be happier with the Rigid Co bumper....just my .02, but I'd wait for Terry. Much nicer bumper and stronger IMO.

53guy said:
You'd be happier with the Rigid Co bumper....just my .02, but I'd wait for Terry. Much nicer bumper and stronger IMO.

I am he said mine is being built 2/3 week of March just in time :party:

The war nbumper weighs 184lbs, thats like 110lbs more :wow:

Yeah, I was going to mention, my Rigidco bumper is like 80 lbs. Just a slight difference.

Yea, it is heavy but works real well and extremely strong. Here is mine with some additional bars.
Jeep006Small.jpg

I dont't know how much mine weighs...
And really I don't care... 100lbs +/- isn't going to stop me anyway.

You said you were buying it used... If you are getting a good deal on it...run it...you will not be sorry.

My Rigid is being built, I want the best.

kewlkatdady said:
I'm sure the Rigid is a nice bumper

best munting system by far

We have been very happy with our Warn front winch bumper. We used it for a attachment/recovery point while pulling out other vehicles during our recent snowstorm (Feb. 07) here in Indiana. We also have the matching back bumper. Still saving for the winch...hopefully next summer.
river_bumper_shot_export.jpg

Back