• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

do i need lca's?

irish636

NAXJA Forum User
im going to get the rustys 3in full spring pack kit. it doesnt come with lca's. i didnt know if i would be fine with the stock ones? its going to be my daily driver, and im not going to wheel it that often at all. thanks guys!

I wouldn't install a 3" lift that doesnt come with LCA's and new full rear spring packs..

at 3 inches your gonna get inchitis really quick. save yourself some money and effort and go for the 4.5" kit right off. it does come with LCAs.

I've been running Rusty's 3" lift with stock LCAs for 6 months with no problems. The only drawback I see is it limits your flex. From my experience, a new trackbar to center your axle is needed before LCAs.

Don

i cant go 4.5! i wish i could. im trying to buy a house and i have a bike as well for the warmer months i pout money in to. but if i have to do all this stuff with a 3 inch i might just do a 2in and put some 30's on it and some bumpers and armor. its a 99 with 209k on it, with a 5spd, d30/chry8.25 and 3.07 gears. i dont want to put big tires on it and stress the tranny and motor. i dont want to regear and everything. i have 225/75's on it now and its pretty peppy for what it is. the jeep itself is in immaculate condition! so guys what would u do???? thanks:wave1:

Ive had that lift for about a year now (with stock lca's) and no regrets....except for the fact that i am really antsy to go bigger. So if you are happy with that size I'd go for it. I havent had any problem with the quality either.

rockyroad outfitters uses stock lca's with ome 3 inch coils and 1.5 inch spacers with there 4.5 kit .... they say new lca's are just monkey see monkey do for most lift manufactures.... note , they say that not me !!!

I have the Rusty's 3 inch kit and did need new LCA's. I have the BDS fixed arms and have had no problem with them. Stock may be okay if you have good bushings in them.....mine were bad. Also, I use a stock track bar with no relocation bracket and my axle is in correct position.
BTW with this 3 inch kit I run 35's....."its not the size of the worm"...you know the rest.

Go RE 3.5" superfelx withl eafsprings.

don't have the $$? save up :conceited

dzraces said:
yes you can but really your asking for some terrible suspension geometry
new control arms arent going to change that

Jess said:
I have the Rusty's 3 inch kit and did need new LCA's. I have the BDS fixed arms and have had no problem with them. Stock may be okay if you have good bushings in them.....mine were bad. Also, I use a stock track bar with no relocation bracket and my axle is in correct position.
BTW with this 3 inch kit I run 35's....."its not the size of the worm"...you know the rest.

Can I borrow your Track bar Stretcher ??? Ive been looking for one for a long time ....

Jess said:

Pics?

James

i would like to do re 3.5 but i would prolly need a sye with that. rustys i can get a whole spring pack kit for 418. my rear leafs have seen better days.

im 3in with stock CA's and they are the flex killer.. they hit the lower shock mount very easily when flexxed.. no biggy.. just somthing to consider.. and id much rather have a good track bar then LCA's.. just my opppion..

Back