• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix ccv question

rockhead1

NAXJA Forum User
Is all manifold vacuum the same? I have the rear port on the valve cover connected to a vacuum port on the rear of the manifold it is supposed to be routed to the front of the manifold. Does it matter. Oh this is on a 90 xj with 4.0. Thanks

All the plastic lines are slightly different diameters,But the vacuum pull should be the same so I belive you will be fine.

I replaced all my plastic lines with rubber and got rid of all the extrainious lines. I have never had idle problems or any related vacuum problems since, (but I dont have emissions in my state) Good luck.

rockhead1 said:
Is all manifold vacuum the same? I have the rear port on the valve cover connected to a vacuum port on the rear of the manifold it is supposed to be routed to the front of the manifold. Does it matter. Oh this is on a 90 xj with 4.0. Thanks
I agree with XJING. I have the Renix computer system on my 90 still with a 99+ intake, I just routed the vac lines to wherever I could still find a port. You should be just fine.

On the valve cover end of the CCV tube there is a metering port that is integral with the tube. I think you want to be sure to retain at least that original part of the vacuum plumbing.

PaulJ said:
On the valve cover end of the CCV tube there is a metering port that is integral with the tube. I think you want to be sure to retain at least that original part of the vacuum plumbing.
Yeah they say that and the MAP sensor are both metered fittings, but I've had no trouble atleast with the HO setup going to any fitting.

Back