• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jack's Pass February 18th (Sunday)

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
My next snow run will be Sunday February 18th. Very possible that this could be my last snow run of the season (depending on how long the season lasts). So, my intent is to actually make it all the way over the pass this time;) Never happened before, there has to be a first time for everything.

If there are enough people then we will split into multiple groups of common equiped groups. Each group taking different routes. I would like no more than 7 trucks per group (preferably 5 or 6).

Open to everyone, including significant others, families, kids, etc. Please keep in mind that if you plan on running with the taller, more experienced group that the pace will probably not allow as much time for playing in the snow, sledding, etc.

Either way, the moto for this trip will be "10 psi is too much". So far the snow this year has required LOTS of flotation, so airing down will not only be recommended but will be required before leaving the trailhead.

In order to give us the time that it might require, we will be meeting at the Dutch Cup in Sultan with plenty of time to LEAVE the Dutch Cup NO LATER than 9:00 AM. This should provide us enough time to get to the trailhead and airdown and still be on the trail by 10:00 AM. My current plan (could change closer to time) is to start on the "INDEX" side of the pass and end at the "SKYKOMISH" side of the pass.

Michael

2xtreme said:
Open to everyone, including significant others, families, kids, etc. Please keep in mind that if you plan on running with the taller, more experienced group that the pace will probably not allow as much time for playing in the snow, sledding, etc.

Either way, the moto for this trip will be "10 psi is too much". So far the snow this year has required LOTS of flotation, so airing down will not only be recommended but will be required before leaving the trailhead.

Hallelujah, I'm IN. Me, myself, and I attending. I might bring a ZJ buddy. :rtm:

Sniggs said:
Daytona 500 :tv:

Cmon now, what do you think you're going to miss seeing there? a right turn?

Blkxjkrawler said:
I'm in, if I'm not post op from knee surgery. Of course my doctor did tell me to keep it iced:shhh:

heh, that reminds me of my brother in law. he was like a week out of ACL reconstruction we spent two days straight on the trail between trask and browns camp, was a blast.

I am in. Most likely;)

I'm going to put in a word at work to see if I can get it off.

I'll be buying either some 35" or 37" tires this weekend, havne't decided yet, but i've got a 7" lift and with those tires added i should be able to do the fun stuff. I also just purchased and installed a Posi-Lock cable, so my vacum disconnect won't be an issue anymore :)

Would this qualify me to run with the big boys? lol I don't have a winch though

Spaz said:
I'm going to put in a word at work to see if I can get it off.

I'll be buying either some 35" or 37" tires this weekend, havne't decided yet, but i've got a 7" lift and with those tires added i should be able to do the fun stuff. I also just purchased and installed a Posi-Lock cable, so my vacum disconnect won't be an issue anymore :)

Would this qualify me to run with the big boys? lol I don't have a winch though

Depends on tread, lockers, and driving ability. I'm not in charge or anything, just seems to make the most sense to me.

Jason-RJR said:
heh, that reminds me of my brother in law. he was like a week out of ACL reconstruction we spent two days straight on the trail between trask and browns camp, was a blast.

Yeah, I'm looking at the possibility of the same thing on my MCL. I think I probably dodged a bullet and wont need surgery but I wont know for sure until next week.
Ryan

Looks like we should have a good turn out, even with the Daytona 500, LOL.

There are no specific requirements for running with the "Big Dogs" other than past experience. We have seen nearly stock rigs do very well, and we have seen very tall, large tire rigs do very bad. I will put the groups together when we get there depending on who is actually at the trailhead:kissyou:
The only reason for having multiple groups is that more people get to enjoy the trail and not be held up by the group if the groups are smaller.

Michael

Back