• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OC MnG

I agree!

I will offer to do another one at my place in Lake Forest. We can BBQ burgers and dogs and hang out. I have a fire "pit" we can sit around if it gets cold...

Any takers?

How does Tuesday, Feb 20th sound?

jeff411sk8 said:
id love to go but i cant make it during the week. I have work 7am-3pm then school 5pm-7pm.
If it changes im down to go!

HHMMMM, maybe we could try for a Sat or Sun evening... that would be different.

Some folks have Prez weekend off and this weekend is no good for me and too short of notice.

How does Feb 24th or 25th sound, say 4:00 PM either day?

Lets have a beach MnG, we can have a bonfire!

Hrm. I like the idea of a beach m&g. No, you don't need to pay for a fire on the local beaches.

I was thinking it may be time for another oc in and out m&g too. Somehow they seemed a lot more interesting back then .. i think, less beer and more tech.

karstic said:
Lets have a beach MnG, we can have a bonfire!

That sound fun, BUT to park close enough to gawk :eyes: at our XJ's we would have to pay like $8 to park at the beach.

One of the best places is at PCH & Magnolia, lot's of parking and fire pits.

No beer on the beach and little lighting, though...

I am down for whatever, let's just get together....:cheers:

id offer to host it but its a PITA to deal with the security gates although I could open one and turn off the gate power. :)

Im down for something maybe at the beach or HB beer company. Beach parking at mag and pch is $10 now. Theres plenty of parking next to the toxic waste dump though. The m&g that we had at oggies pizza along time ago was a good spot.

:D I've been swamped with work and other activities (building up firearms is fun but takes a lot of work :) ) and haven't had a chance to schedule one recently.

Anyways, here's my take:
M&G needs convenient parking so that you can go and look at rigs.
Beach location is fun to hangout: sucks for M&G
Weekends work for some, not for others: M&G on a weekend eats up more time cause you're tempted to start earlier: so if you go that route, expect to loose some and gain others.

And on that note: who wants to schedule one and were? I'll try to make it as I got fresh t-shirts (new desigh :D ) and stickers.

kejtar - what are you building now? You missed a fun time at the range last week. It was filled with these gang banger types, but the funny part was they would empty a whole mag on a silhouette target and they might hit it with only 2 or 3 rounds.

olympic4x4tech said:
kejtar - what are you building now?
I'm actually putting some more finishing touches on my m1 garand, and looking/reading up on m1 carbine and some mauser stuff as one or both will be my next project.
You missed a fun time at the range last week. It was filled with these gang banger types, but the funny part was they would empty a whole mag on a silhouette target and they might hit it with only 2 or 3 rounds.
Yeah.. that's kind of scary sometimes cause I've seen idiots turn around in a booth with the finger on the trigger and the mag still racked and loaded!

I need to get back to the range again cause I need to "loosen" up my kimber just a hair more :D (breaking in new guns is sooooo much hard work :D ). I'll post up when I'll be going.

Kejtar said:
And on that note: who wants to schedule one and were? I'll try to make it as I got fresh t-shirts (new desigh :D ) and stickers.

I mentioned my place again and I gave a date. The last time I hosted, we only had about 8 folks show up and we had a blast. I would really like to see a big turn out somewhere....

rpraterxj said:
I mentioned my place again and I gave a date. The last time I hosted, we only had about 8 folks show up and we had a blast. I would really like to see a big turn out somewhere....

Yup, it was definately fun. And the low turnout should be blamed probably on the site going down which meant directions were unavailable......

What about Beach Burger in Huntington Beach on the corner of Beach BLVD & Garfield? Used to be a Bravo Burger back in the day.. They host a cruz night for Hot Roders,VW guys & why not Jeep people? Cool place, good food & lots of parking & inside-outside seating. :idea:

Beach Burger 19102 Beach BLVD Huntington Beach, Ca 92648
714-968-9880

Back