• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which flex joint is best?

kewlkatdady

NAXJA Forum User
I'm fixin to rework a set of ford radius arms like this
RadiusArm.jpg

My questions is...
Which flex joint is better for frame side mounting?

large RE super flex joint with female coupler
recouplerjoint.jpg

or
RE super flex joint
resuperflex.jpg

with this welded to it
rod.jpg

or the tera super flex joint

What is #4,on mine thats 1.25"-12 B7 rod,then welded into another cr/mo sleeve before welding to the joint!
jj%20end.jpg

The RE joint is better. Hands down. I used to manuafcture them at my last job. Utmost in quality control and a superior design. You can tighten them up if they ever wear. Im not 100% on this one but Im pretty sure you cant tighten up a johnny joint, dont they use snap rings on both sides? I have RK joints on my new 3-link and though they work just fine, are nowhere near the quality of a superflex joint.

-Jerry

well this is what I've decided on...

radiusarm2.jpg

radiusarm1.jpg

to make this (I'm not using the johnny joint like what is pictured)
RadiusArm.jpg

I will be using this for my joint
recouplerjoint.jpg

with this welded into the DOM
weldinstud.jpg

I think this combo will be nice and strong.

I use all superflex joints on my suspension now (both ends of lca/uca's and trackbar).

I'll be replacing them with Currie johnny joints this summer. Nothing is absorbing the vibes, and I'm going thru teflon bushings every couple months .. not to mention I can drive over a dime and tell you if it was heads or tails ..with my tires aired down.

johnny joints can be tightned up with shims.. not as easy as superflex joints, but most people that i have talked to that have run both (and who's opinions i trust) say they had to work with their superflex joints 10 times for every one time they touch a johnny joint.

well this is a trail rig only so hopefully the joints will last a bit longer...

its too late now...there already ordered and on there way.

We'll see how it goes...

thanks for the comments all

Here is what I did. I used a 1" grade 8 bolt.

rejoint.jpg

Back