• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6 inch puzzel

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
I want to add a 6 inch lift to my jeep Looking for input on how to go about it. I currently have RE UCA's and Tomken LCA's I was thinking about just buying new coils and leaf spring. what else should I think about besides sye. Would it be better just to buy a complete kit???

homebrew said:
I want to add a 6 inch lift to my jeep Looking for input on how to go about it. I currently have RE UCA's and Tomken LCA's I was thinking about just buying new coils and leaf spring. what else should I think about besides sye. Would it be better just to buy a complete kit???

Track bar, Steering, Rear DS, shocks, brakelines, ect...

I would opt for a full kit, but thats just me. What are you at now?

Re: 6 inch puzzle

I am at about 4.5 now

You can usually find the parts you need in the used for sale stuff. You will definately want an adjustable trackbar, shocks and brakelines as mentioned. Your control would be fine if you could get some RE control arm drop brackets to bring those control arm angles to a much better angle. I have a set of drop brackets for sale if interested. Brakelines, you can relocate your hardlines in the front, and use YJ brakelines front and rear and be good to go for 6". Adjustable trackbar, you will want a heavy duty one, like the RE 1660 with HD bracket. If you buy used, you can save a lot more money than buying a complete kit. At 4.5" lift, you should already have a lot of the major components you need.

Back