• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pre 97 doors on a 97+

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
I'm pissed because I remember reading something recently on this, but now I cant find it. And I cant think to search for anything other then "door" and "doors".

I'm looking to make some half-doors for my 97, If I can score a set of free ones off a pre-97 will they work/fit?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72594&highlight=door+swap
this is a writeup of the reverse.

It's doable but it's going to suck cause the striker will not line up so that means that you will have to redo the latching mechanism in the door if you want to be able to bolt on your 97+ doors back on. If I was you I'd look for 97+ doors. Especially if you want to retain window control over the rear doors.

if your doing half doors you want to make them with 97+ ones unless you want to switch both sets of doors to pre 97 my local yard quoted me $50 a door with out any panels or motors or any thing doesnt seem like a whole lot more when they wanted 34 a door for a pre 97 at a different yard

I plan on doing this to. I already have the doors. They look simular in how they lock. But no time and no money put this mod to the back burner.

Back