• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ, XJ, or Bronco II bastard pack?

4Doors

NAXJA Forum User
I went digging thru a junkyard in my area yesterday and was surprised to find 3 MJs in good shape, and 3 or 4 Bronco IIs in good shape. Good shape meaning the leaves were good, not much else. I've been reading on here about doing a bastard pack and wanted to know which of these 3 you would recommend for a few inches of lift and a good ride? Thanks.

I used the main leaf off of another XJ and ended up with just a smidge over two inches of lift. Rides the same as it did before I added the extra leaf. I know two other people that went the same route and both netted around 2 inches.

Pete M said:
Another option is Explorer leafs.

Thanks to everyone for their input, and thanks Pete for the link. I can get a ton of s10 and explorer springs but I want to stay away from them since they're thicker and I don't want my ride to be harsh. I've been searching and have read about Bronco II leaves being thin like the Jeep leaves, that's why I was asking about those 3 specific types. Anyone else? Thanks.

Explorer leafs measure in at ~.325" thick, MJ leafs are ~.300". But the Explorer leafs don't get thinner at all at the ends so they look thicker. As far as I can tell, they are not any stiffer than my MJ leafs.

Back