• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

correct shackle choice for good travel

spacomponents

NAXJA Forum User
I know someone out there knows the answer. I did search, but didn't find what I need:

longer shackles seem needed to get more travel out of rear leaf packs because the spring needs to change length as it flexes. if I'm trying to arrive at about 3" lift, what would be the right shackles to use?

part of my :wow: dilemma is figuring out which springs to use with which shackles. I don't see shackles as part of a complete kit til you go to 4.5" of lift, but I gotta believe a new 2.5" or 3" leaf pack benefits from a non-stock shackle setup.

I used OME heavy duty dakar leaves and a teraflex 1.5 shackle and ended up at about 4, or maybe a touch over and it hasnt sagged yet (6 months). Flex is very good and onroad it rides a bit hard if the back is empty. very happy overall though-

hey, thanks. reading what TNT wrote, they say for 'monster flex' go with the flattest springs you can afford to run.

leaves me wondering if I should just buy new stock springs or leave old flat ones on???????

Back