• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interco LTB 33x12.50 vs. 34x10.50 - Rocks

WholeLottaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I decided on a dedicated set of tires to go wheelin with. I'll have OBA and an impact, so switching tires once in a while won't be too bad.

The question is with the type of wheeling I do and the size of the tires. I decided on the SS LTB's. My question is that for use on the rocks, what would be better, gaining the clearance of a taller tire or the wider footprint of the 12.50?

Price is negligible between the two.

Any input?

you may wanna look at the 33x12.50TSL its just as big as the 34" ltb but the tread has a softer rubber compound wich is alot better for rocks

If you're set on the LTB I would go with the 33. My buddy has had good results from them, especially on wet, muddy rocks. I have the 34's and while they work well on trails the narrow footprint comes back to bite you in the rocks.

I have a silly question, if you are picking a tire to go in the rocks, why aren't you going with a radial that will wrap a whole lot better than a Bias? The Bias is a good strong tire dont get me wrong, but it's know they don't wrap. Been there done that, bought the T shirt. Im running 33 TrXus MT's right now and primarily use them in the rocks, I love em. Also loved my MTR's, but those were a LOT more expensive.

I have 31" TrXus M/T's now and am impressed with their overall performance. My thinking was that getting the toughest tire in a bias ply would be better on the rocks. Do you think the TrXus would outperform some of the more aggressive Swampers? I thought the LTB had the softest compound?

But the general consensus is that the 12.50 width would outperform a 10.50 on the rocks?

Back