• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

more news from "the tard"

trashedxj

NAXJA Member # 1386
ok so a while back my driver side AAL broke and came out but the broken center pin was wedged enough to keep about 2 outta the 4 inches of lift to barley clear my 31's so i got a 3" block kit to throw in it, the ubolts were not goin on cause they were so long so i got a friend to cut them down a few inches well needless to say i marked them at the low point(below spring/swaybar) plate so they werent long enough luckily i didnt cut the other two and managed to take it all apart and pu the long ones on which ended up NOT being too long and they fit perfect! but by lifting the springs up it lifter the swaybar link and it rubbed my tires cause of the stock wheels with not enough BS! luckily my friends dad lived bout 5 houses down and he still had a set of wheels and tires he had on his truck he wanted to sell me months ago cause they was too big for his truck(32 11.50 15 dunlop a/t on weld racing wheels) they had the BS i wanted (4") and they cleared fin so i bought them off him last night for 150(the wheels are like 200 and something per rim and i dont know how much the tires are new!) meanwhile considering i take my time and am never in a hurry starting about 4:30 last night(round that time it was like 20degrees outside) i stayed non stop workin outside til about 10:45...on the ONE side(by the finish it was 4 degrees out side!)

ok so heres the tard part, on the driver side i have stock leafs, 3" blcok and 1.5" skyjacker shackle. on the passenger side im running stock leafs with 3"AAL and 1.5" skyjacker shackle! it sets perfect and even on both sides and rides amazingly enough smooth! so yeah one side block one side leaf and im the idiot who has not more ubolts to finish the other side the right way! pics to come soon to make you all laugh even more!

trashedxj said:
ok so heres the tard part, on the driver side i have stock leafs, 3" blcok and 1.5" skyjacker shackle. on the passenger side im running stock leafs with 3"AAL and 1.5" skyjacker shackle!

WOW! not sure what else to say..........3 inch blocks.............

andrew2516 said:
look at the username

thus the reason for my user name! my jeep was originally bought for a family ride, then i decided to make it off road only just to toy around in! but now im drivn this as a DD! thus the thread name!

ok question, why are blocks so bad? im not going wheeling again until i get full packs or atleast some new AAL's, and i dont go nuts wit the skinny pedal so axle wrap aint happenin? so why so bad for a temp fix?!

Back