• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR BUMPERS

jgcbr

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering does anybody have a JCR rear bumper with a aftermarket type hitch installed? I was just curious if the bumper will fit with my hitch?

I just got the "level 2" bumper that had the hitch built in. It has frame connectors to tie into the factory hitch mounts maknig it stronger than the hitch alone anyway.

- I sold my old hitch. They're easy to sell, and it offset the cost of the bumper.

jgcbr said:
I was wondering does anybody have a JCR rear bumper with a aftermarket type hitch installed? I was just curious if the bumper will fit with my hitch?

I am still working on mine. I don't know if, my hitch is factory or not but, it won't fit with it on the XJ. I called them up and they said it must not be a factory hitch because they normaly work. I'm still soaking the nut strip to get the last two bolts broke loose on the hitch. I think I can remount the hitch after the bumper is on. I couldn't reach all the bolts with the hitch on anyway. I can post pics of mine if, needed.

Reed

I recently purchased my XJ and a new stage one that came with it but, not installed. A front one was installed. I suspect the previous owner removed the stock rear bumper and was unable to get the rear installed. I know the photos are poor but, maybe someone with a known factory can advise if, I have a factory hitch or not.

eac5804e.jpg

eac58034.jpg

andrew2516 said:
take the hitch off.
That was short and to the point. I appreciate the advice. Like I stated earlier..............I am working on it. Definitely not an OEM hitch then:doh:

Back