• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Minimum lift for LA's?

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
Guys, thinking about lowering my XJ a bit more.

I'm sitting at about 6.5"-7" with Claytons crossmember and RE Longarms, can i drop down to ~ 5-5.5" and still be ok with the LA assembly? The arms would probably be close to horizontal at that height.

I dont wheel the way i used to and i'm running more interstate than ever, my interests are traveling out west where i'm driving 3 days at a shot.

you should be fine, might have to do a little more bump stop so you don't hit anything coming up, but you might be ok as you sit.

id say as long as they're not completely horizontal not to worry too much, in stock form your short arms were probably close to laying flat.

I seem to remember a 4.5 LA kit available from Claytons. If I'm right (_IF_), that would seem to imply that their arms can handle 4.5 fine.

Check their site, and if they offer it.... I'm sure it they will work that way.

- I'm no expert on clayton's stuff, but that just seems reasonable.

+

I'm at 5.5" with a set of T&T LA, and have never had a problem with them. i believe Fozzy is right, 4.5" is about the minumum for LA, so you should be just fine.

Back