• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery/Fuse Problem

ert01

NAXJA Forum User
Recently my battery has been dying on me. When the Jeep's running, the battery is taking a charge, but when my Jeep's off there's a constant current being drawn still which kills my battery. Last night I was testing it to see where the leak is, so I tested the fuses in the fuse box under the hood. That directed me to look in the fuse box inside the Jeep. So I'd pop the fuses 1 by one from there to see what one was causing me problems... and I found that it's a 10amp fuse labelled "Batt".

Now that doesn't help me as much as I hoped it would. So figure I'll ask here. What's that fuse for and what's my problem here? Is it possible to have a short inside the battery itself? And if I did have a short inside the battery, would I be getting the sympotms that I am getting?

Thanks!
Mark

Nevermind... I just bought a new battery today. I took it to my local Canadian Tire (don't know what the equivalent in the US is...) and they tested it for me. Bad battery. There might be more to the issue, but at least I've taken care of 1 part. If it continues to do it, then I'll check back with you guys for some advice.

Back