• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mini Project... ideas???

XJsurf

NAXJA Forum User
So I got some RE Drop Brackets and RE 4.5" 1462 leaf spring pack, thanks to BubbaJeeper. I just then ordered the support braces and some larger u-bolts. Added to that I'm installing TJ fenderflares. My goal is to complete this all by next weekend. I now it's been done, but what does everybody think about using diamond plating for rear quarterpanel protection? I'm open for any ideas or opinions. What would be the cost to buy the diamond plating? Any write-ups or past experience?

1/4" alum. Holds up well, if you look at it close, lots of rash .. but from 6 feet away looks pretty. Cant speak for cost, as mine came off of vintagespeeds jeep when he parted it out. A+ on this mod.

dsc00018.jpg

Diamondplate looks terrible IMHO... I admit it works, but if it's going on the outside of my Jeep, I want it to look good too.

I'd rather cut and fold the rear quaterpanels or just sheet over them with some 1/8" steel.

Back