• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires please

jdurbach

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got 30x9.5 BFG AllTerrains on my cherokee now with a Rustys BB. IM kinda looking for a tougher tire for this summer to go wheelin. I was thinking about the TSL Radial in 31x9.5 so I dont have to worry about the tires rubbing on the LCAs. What are you guys opinions and does anyone have pics of the TSLs in that size?

that is a good idea, but it depends on how lazy you are. i know i wouldnt feel like swapping 4 tires before wheelin, so i would end up wheelin my street tires til they wore out then move on to the next pair.

i used to run TSLs, and they wore down in 8 months of daily driving. completely dead.

i replaced them with some BFG muds, they are 10x quieter on the road, they are showing excellent treadlife and have killer traction offroad. they arent as good in the mucky stuff as swampers, but i dont think i would ever go back to swampers

-Tim

I'll bet that even a 9.50" wide TSL will rub the LCAs unless you add a washer or two. The side lugs are more aggressive than most tires and will stick out further. I guess its worth a try but dont be disappointed when you have to add a washer.
If I were you, I would go with something like a TrXus MT because I know Im too lazy to switch tires everytime I feel like going off road or especially when I get back. Its a tough tire with aggressive tread but is also siped for good wet/winter road traction. It only comes in 31X10.50 though.

I'm really liking my Maxxis Bighorns, but they only make the standard sizes.. 31x10.5x15 is what I'm running with stock wheels. they rub at full lock on the RE LCAs. haven't adjusted the steering stops yet. maybe tomorrow :)

whatevah said:
I'm really liking my Maxxis Bighorns, but they only make the standard sizes.. 31x10.5x15 is what I'm running with stock wheels. they rub at full lock on the RE LCAs. haven't adjusted the steering stops yet. maybe tomorrow :)

they have large metric sizes. I love my Bighorns, too :D

I rub left and right on RE LCA's with 32x1150's and stock rims.

edit: plus, they're reaaaaaal cheap compared to BFG.

oh, sorry... :-D by standard, I meant the more common width/height dimensions... haven't seen any tall+narrow tires from them like the TSLs jdurbach mentioned.

I've got two BFG MTs as spares (knock on wood), but I think the Bighorn tread pattern is far superior. they sound pretty good on the road, too. :-D

Back