• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey! I'n new here, check out my Jeep...And a shock question.

WholeLottaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey what's up everybody. My name is Nick and I have a 2000 XJ. Nothing major, 3.5" RE SF with spacers up front to compensate for an ARB bumper and Warn M8000. I'm slowly building it up, money is tight with the cost of tuition and books. I recently installed an Aussie Locker in my D30 along with a Riddler diff cover. Damn that thing is beefy. Here's some pics of my Jeep. :yelclap:

100_0415.jpg

100_0477copy.jpg

100_0456copy.jpg

100_0165copy.jpg

There she is. Completely reliable at 104,xxx miles too. Now for the question.

I currently have Skyjacker Hydros on here. They do the job, but I'm not all that impressed. I want to invest in a good pair of shocks. I've narrowed it down between:

Bilstein 5150
Walker Evans Racing Emulsion Shock
Fox 2.0 Emulsion Shock

Does the more expensive reservoir really make a difference?

Those shocks are really stretching the budget, so nothing more expensive please.

Welcome to NAXJA. You will find a world of knowledge at your fingertips. You here the same thing from just about everyone at one point or another. Use the search engine for just about anything. I found out more about my XJ in just a couple of days on here than other sites that I've been apart of for over 2 years.

I dont think search will help much, hes asking for empircal tests or opinions not cold hard facts plus how many people have tried the fox 2.0s, or the walker evans shocks... I run OME longtravels and love the ride went to those from rancho 9000s a big step up and with that lift they should be just perfect...
FWIW I would run the bilsteins in a second nice shocks just too much damn money for them, I need a cage first..
themud

I love fox 2.0's, but for your situation 5150's would be more user friendly.

WholeLottaXJ said:
Why do you say that?

I custom valve my shocks for the type wheeling I do.
I can fine tune the compression with nitrogen, but it takes a special gauge that you would have to buy.
jeep.jpg

The fox's wont simply bolt in unless you buy bar pin adapters or fab some custom mounts.
The adapters are different than bar pin eliminators, they are designed for running heim jointed shocks.
http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/m...OCKADAPT&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Shock
http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/m...PINADAPT&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Shock

If you dont wan all that headache, you can buy custom fox's from orw. Not cheap......
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/Store_ViewProdDetail.asp!ProdID!15769

If you have to budget for school than 5150's are the way to go.

Now, prices aside, can you compare or describe the ride quality of the Bilstein VS. the others? If anyone with the other shocks could chime in I'd appreciate that.

5150's are certainly the most consumer level there.. I'd have to suggest that route as well.

Back