• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interest in a Low Desert M&G?

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
I know that there getting to be a few of you out there, not sure how many, though. Is there any interest in a Meet and greet. A centralized location could be worked out depending on who's going to show up.

TIM

Jump This said:
I'm low desert. We can have it here. Or we can have it at my friends shop in Indio. Coachella Valley Off-Road.
I'm up for it.
Rick
Indio would have been my best guess for a central location. Curt, you lucked out!

Bent said:
Indio would have been my best guess for a central location. Curt, you lucked out!

That'd be the first time I "lucked out" ..... I've seen a few nice XJs but I'm still not sure if they wheel or not. Wanderer is in P.S.

I'd say I'm 95% in as long as work doesn't rear it hideous head.

Im in Palm Springs...Havent been to a meet and greet yet and would love to have one out here!!

Jump This said:
I'm low desert. We can have it here. Or we can have it at my friends shop in Indio. Coachella Valley Off-Road.
I'm up for it.
Rick

The Q. is...... Is he willing to let us meet & greet there ?
I need to go see him about some shackles.....
Or do we want food & drink in a resturant type setting? I don't do the Bar thing (not that I wouldn't)
so I'm not too familiar with any places like that....
Red Robin ??? Take over the local Mex. resturant ???
Indio to Palm Desert area would be about the same distance for Rick & Tim....
Jeeper John is the furthest out so far.....
So... when & where ?

Curt

When and where?
As the Mayor I think we will put that one into your hand.
We are into the full tilt wheelin' season right now. I would go for a
mid-week thing at a Mexican restaurant.
Choose us someplace that makes good Margarittas and I will be there!
I'll be gone until after Prez. weekend. So let me know what you all decide.
I'll check my IM's while on the cruise!
;)
Rick

Xtreme XJ said:
For a day of wheel'n ?

Curt

The only problem I see with making it a wheeling trip IMO, would be that if anybody's junk isn't running, it wouldn't do them any good. I know that never happens, but it might. Either way, it's your bar of soap. I'd recomend a place where food and drink can be had. An eating establishment or somewhere where we can bring our own.

Re: Interest in a Low Desert M&G? 2-20 eve.

So lets ink this.....
Tues. 2-20 eve. 6:00 to 6:30ish in Palm Desert at a little Mex. restaurant just off the freeway.
La Casita 77-912 Country Club Dr.
South side of I-10 first light is Country Club.... make a right (west) to the next light which is Harris Ln. another right into the complex and another quick right. Red & Yellow (I believe) sign..... it can also be seen from Country Club
as you approach Harris Ln.
Mapquest location is below....

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...1&spurl=0&&q=restaurants&qc=(All) Restaurants
See Y'all..... hopefully some of ya anyways.
Curt

Jump This said:
I"ll be there!
Rick

Me Too,
but my name's not Rick!

:D

XbajajeepX said:
Im in Palm Springs...Havent been to a meet and greet yet and would love to have one out here!!
another PS Jeep, cool

I will be there.

Count me in!

DesertYJ said:
How about the Denny's at I-10 and Indian? They have a meeting room that can be reserved.
It is also near Hwy 62 so that those coming down the hill from Yucca Valley, 29 Palms, Hesperia could possibly make it as well.

Well it would be closer for some but further for others as well.... from the
62/I-10 Jct. it's only about 15 to 18 mins. further east.
Come on down to this one and we can discuss where the next one might be.
Maybe up in J.T. or Y.V. ???
While this place doesn't have a "meeting room" it should serve us fine for the first one...
Does Denny's serve spirits ? :cheers:

Come on down... Me... I'm a helluva nice guy...... Rick is..... Too !! :looney:
See Ya !
Curt

Back