• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help

green95xj

NAXJA Forum User
How do i get a hood open when you pull the cable and the whole thing comes through the firewall.what i mean is the inner wire broke at the hood end instead of the handle end.thanks

pull the grill and headlights, and you'll have to feel for the latch cable running down the middle of the hood and pull on it to release the catches. I did the same thing on my MJ. What a friggin dose to fix. When you replace the cable make sure you lubricate the catches regularly with something other then WD40.

Another potential access method. Using a wire hanger or something similar, try to catch the main hinge from under the truck. I've never tried this myself, but heard it can be done.

If you still have the lower rubber engine shield, you will probably need to remove at least part of to get the access you'll need.

Back