• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8" lift measurements i need them

mikereid350

NAXJA Forum User
i am planning a store bought 8" lift for my 2000 xj.. i will be building it in my garage and i am not sure if it will fit out after the lift.... i need some one to measure from the top of the roof to the bottom of the wheel(rim part)... i know for shure it won;t fit out with tires on it... please help.....

mikereid350 said:
i am planning a store bought 8" lift for my 2000 xj.. i will be building it in my garage and i am not sure if it will fit out after the lift.... i need some one to measure from the top of the roof to the bottom of the wheel(rim part)... i know for shure it won;t fit out with tires on it... please help.....

Pull your jeep in the garage and measure 8 inches above the roof to see if it will fit under the door. I have a 8 inch rustys and it fit easy. If not then just put on your small tires once your done and air them down.
-Patrick:passgas:

ok sorry bad info i have 4.5 lift on now but its been on for 6 years now so its sacked out some...thats why i need the measurement from the roof to the bottom of the wheel rim... bc my door hight is like a 7.5 feet...

Unless you are really close you will be fine. I have an 8 inch lift with 35's and a standard Garage door height. I am about 2 inches from the top of the door. If you are concerned you can let most of the air out of your tires and have tons of room.

As far as measuring 8 inches above your roof. I would measure a little higher as most lifts are higher than the advertised height when you first install them. They should settle to the advertised height.... I think my 8 inch lift with fully inflated 35's gave my roof height at ~76 inches.

Have a good one, Andrew

mikereid350 said:
ok sorry bad info i have 4.5 lift on now but its been on for 6 years now so its sacked out some...thats why i need the measurement from the roof to the bottom of the wheel rim... bc my door hight is like a 7.5 feet...

With around 7.5" lift and 39.5s, my roof is 6' 2".

Starscream918 said:
That and tires add lift also, so factor that in.
Unless he puts stock tires on it, thus keeping it shorter.

And vetteboy, I have about 6'' of lift on 35s and mine is about 6'1'' or so. I think one of us is special, and its probably me:gee:

Starboard M said:
And vetteboy, I have about 6'' of lift on 35s and mine is about 6'1'' or so. I think one of us is special, and its probably me:gee:

I just measured mine again tonight, and got 74", which is 6' 2". That's with 39.5s (measuring closer to 38.5), 4.5" lift coils, 1.5" spacers, and around 1.5-2" additional lift from the spring base being further from the axle centerline, compared to a stock D30.

DSC01162.JPG

Maybe you need to recalibrate your tape measure? :gag: (kidding)

i know when i first installed my 8 inch lift from rockkrawler and sitting on 35 boggers at street pressure the botom of my rocker was 30 inches from the ground and thats all i know lol.

Back