• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 inch UCA ?

XJ Bob

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking at 3" suspension lifts and would like new UCA but none of the kits I've seen come with them other than one of the Super Flex kits from Skyjacker and it uses the Hiem joints and I've read some complains about that type of joint.

So does anyone know of a 3" that comes with UCA?

Whats bad about the Hiem joint?

Thanks

the hiems skyjacker uses are cheap and wear out fast, Rubicon Express makes a nice 3.5" kit with uppers and lowers

ROBZ95Xj said:
the hiems skyjacker uses are cheap and wear out fast, Rubicon Express makes a nice 3.5" kit with uppers and lowers

I've looked at the RE website and I don't see any 3.5 kits with UCA. Also I wasn't too interested in RE kits because most people have said the 3.5 kit gives them more like 5 inches of lift. I want to stay lower so I have less handling issues to deal with.

How many people have pieced together their lift with parts from different companies? Which parts work best together and how is the cost compared to a kit?

The RE 3.5" kit doesnt come with them, but you can add them to the kit easily - just talk to your vendor. Get the fixed ones, the adjustable ones wont go short enough for your lift height.

I put a 3" lift on a couple months ago and STILL have not gotten the stock pax side UCA to re-attach, to do it again I'd have definitely picked up some new oens.

Well after looking around I think I probably will go with the RE 3.5 Flex lift. Most people say it is a good handling lift so I guess if it lifts higher than the advertized 3.5 that just helps out when I put a winch on it or carry friends in the back seat.

So their adjustable UCA are too long for a 3.5 lift?

Is there a benifit to adjustable upper or lower CA on this height lift, is there a need for castor adjustment etc.???

Thanks

I ran the RE 4.5" kit with fixed uppers and lowers, and they were fine. I went to adjustable uppers when I lifted to 6.5" with drop brackets, leaving the fixed lowers.

If you get adjustable uppers, get adjustable lowers too. That will allow you to push the axle forward just a hair and set your caster and pinion angle how you would like.

cal said:
I ran the RE 4.5" kit with fixed uppers and lowers, and they were fine. I went to adjustable uppers when I lifted to 6.5" with drop brackets, leaving the fixed lowers.

If you get adjustable uppers, get adjustable lowers too. That will allow you to push the axle forward just a hair and set your caster and pinion angle how you would like.

Thanks, sounds like a plan. :)

Definitely stay away from a heim in a standard lift.

It's one thing to use them in a Y-link where there's not movement and its mostly for adjustment, but on a control arm with alot of movement, you're best to stay with a johnny, superflex, or at the bottom of the barrel in some opinions a rubber bushing. When choosing between a superflex or johnny versus rubber you just have to decide it ride quality or flex is more important to you.

Back