• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Shocks and 2" lift for my XJ

speedmonkey7

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, just trying to get an opinion on good shocks for my 2000 XJ. It's and SE with 4.0 and auto. I am putting a 2" budget boost (spacers, and shackles) on it and have a choice of rough country or pro comp shocks. I have a full length safari rack, and plan on carrying some decent weight in it, but no towing, and I want a nice cushy ride...I know I'm asking for everything aren't I? Just wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these shocks. Both are the low end shocks from each company.
Thanks, Chris:looney:

buy a 3.5 or 4 inch lift that comes with shocks ..leafs ...springs.....and dont look back ....Im in Canada ...I envy that you Yanks have access to all the goodies for so cheap ......what ever you guys pay for a lift kit ..you can almost double it on this side of the border......Arrrrr,,,, I just did what you want to do ..and now ..wishing I spent the cash on a 4 inch lift...went wheeling with 2" BB ..and 31's ...naaaa need way more lift ...save and buy a good lift ...

x2 on the lift

I went with spacers and shackles on mine and in less then a month the shackles had sagged my springs.

not sure on the shocks though I went with OME for a great ride.

Back