• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What injectors to use with renix/Ho swap

Jason Sease

NAXJA Forum User
I've just finished my 93 ho swap into my 89 XJ using the renix wiring harrness and computer. I modified the tps to fit the ho manifold and modified the renix fuel rail to fit the ho intake. I used the 93 injectors. updated the throttle cable and the kickdown cable. Used all renix sensors and sending units.

My problem is its still runing a little rich and has a stumble coming off idol. should i have used the renix injectors aswell or do I have to modify the map sensor. Any input in the matter would be great. also the guy that stated 8 hrs on the swap including updates and modifications is an ass.... 14 hrs and I have 14 years as a tech. Still did'er in one day!!!! Was tired though. Please help me if you can. SAVE ME MORE GUESS WORK!!! Thanks jason in pa.( KeystoneKrawlers)

I would do a MAP adjuster. You can get them online or build one yourself.

First thing I would check is the TPS voltage input/output as it is adjustable and make sure it is at spec. Also your Renix distributor may likely need the two locator tangs removed for the proper fuel injection sync. This is easy to tell by setting the motor to TDC on the compression stroke and see where the distributor rotor is pointing. The leading edge (not trailing) should be perfectly lined up with the tall step on the side of the distributor housing. Do keep us informed and good luck!

Back