• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Questions

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to do a 2" BB (shackle and spacer) and it won't clear my tailpipe which is less than 2 months old. While looking over what could be done I had an idea. I have a friend that can fab up a piece of exhaust to bring the tip out under the rear quarter and a 70* - 75* angle and I'd have a chrome tip welded on. Has anyone eles done this ? I've searched with no luck. Also, I need to replace my cat, should I just gut it ?

Just visual inspections here for 96 and under. I have a 95. :) I wheel, but nothing extreme. Any downsides to gutting my cat ?

Also if you live where cops are idiots and are ticket happy I wouldnt gut your cat if you have a flowmaster. Mine was gutted with a loud muffler at one point and time and it was ungodly loud and I ended up getting a ticket.

xjmania said:
Also if you live where cops are idiots and are ticket happy I wouldnt gut your cat if you have a flowmaster. Mine was gutted with a loud muffler at one point and time and it was ungodly loud and I ended up getting a ticket.

It also depends on the local or state laws governing the exhaust dB law too. WA state is 96 dB. If they pull you over and can't verify with a dB meter, it probably wont hold up well in court. I carry the print out of the law with me when driving my El Camino.

Back