• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

np 207 sye ???

akamcbird

NAXJA Forum User
ive been looking for sye kits and it seems that the 231 monopolizes this market a few makers "note" that it also works for the 207 but thats the extent of the info. is there a 207 spacific sye or will i be using the 231 model?
if i do use the 231 kit is there any info that differs from spec on the kit? problems\difficulties???

did that even come out clearly?:puke:

When I looked into putting an sye on my 207, the only ones I found that would work were the hack and tap kind. I may be wrong, but before I spent any money on it I decided that I would swap it out for a 231. I know for a fact that the 207 behind a 5 speed is the same bolt pattern and input as a 231 from a 2.5L yj. Are you having bad vibes now? I did not ever swap my case out since I have never had any vibes at all, even with about 6" of lift in the back when my springs were new.

im planning 6" (so no vibe ..yet) on an '86 comanche just doing all the reaserch before i buy ...and im not sure ill have the bolt paturn for an xj swap due to the 2.8l v6 and 3 speed auto compliments of gm but there are 231s under s-trucks w\ sye availible -----????hack and tap????------

That is the hack and tap kit I was referring to. It is installed by cutting the end of your current output shaft off, drilling and tapping a hole in it and then bolting a new flange to the factory shaft. These kits are not very strong, but many people do use them with no problem. If i were you, I would go ahead and do the lift and see how it works out. I do not even have a tcase drop on mine, and I just swapped to a dana 60 rear, and had to have the rear shaft shortened about 2 inches and still have no problems up to 55 (before I had nothing up to 80, but the poor 2.8 wont quite spin the 37's that fast).

Back