• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery Tray

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I need a battery tray from a diesel XJ for my dual battey installation but the dealer here in S.W. FL say it is an import item so they cannot order it. Any pointers?

Junkyard, maybe. I've seen 3 diesels in the local yard within the last year....thought about snagging the trays for someone who might need them, but didn't:doh:

I'm gonna start grabbing them when I see 'em to help y'all out....

Jeff

jfiscus said:
Can't you order one from a RHD postal service XJ?
I see lots more of them than diesel XJs.

Never seen inside the postal version so I do not know if it will work. Building one from metal is an option but time is not on my side at this time. I work 2 hours from home and only go back there every second weekend. I wanted to move the second battery out of the back of the XJ this weekend. I will not have another free weekend until the end of the month.

Thanks all for your reply.

Crown automotive has a bunch of export stuff, but there site has a glitch. If they ever get it sorted out, you can likely find what you want there. Quadratech carries a lot of Crown stuff, they may have something in the site.
The old Crown automotive cataloge (the good one) is in Pirate4X4 PDF section. I lost my adresses and cataloge section in a hard drive melt down.
Probably not the quickest path, but you'll likely get what your looking for eventually.

Last edited:
8Mud said:
Crown automotive has a bunch of export stuff, but there site has a glitch. If they ever get it sorted out, you can likely find what you want there. Quadratech carries a lot of Crown stuff, they may have something in the site.
The old Crown automotive cataloge (the good one) is in Pirate4X4 PDF section. I lost my adresses and cataloge section in a hard drive melt down.
Probably not the quickest path, but you'll likely get what your looking for eventually.

+1...

you can go through quadratec, rocklizardfabrications, or others to it through crown. i've mentioned it 2 times to them to have the site fixed so it should be good again soon.

A stock XJ can accomodate 2 batterys? OR do you need to build something?

Would this work in my I6 without removing any components like the washer fluid bottle?

Blaine B. said:
A stock XJ can accomodate 2 batterys? OR do you need to build something?

Would this work in my I6 without removing any components like the washer fluid bottle?

That may be difficult to do without relocating some components if you have the I6.
I will be removing the OEM air box and filter and installinga second battery in that space.

If you removed the airbox and stock air filter you'd need to get some sort of conical filter, but the K&N's still take up alot of the space....I'm not sure what type would work with a second battery.

Back