• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

should i have play here?

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
when i jack up my rear my wheel (axle) has abur 1/8th of an inch play like i was pulling the wheel off what does this meen i dont think anything is leaking should i be concerned i have a chry 8.25

kenny schmitt said:
So is this a stupid Q or does no1 have an answer

Wow, all of 14 minutes to reply.

It's fine. IIRC, its a c-clip axle and you're supposed to have that much play in the shafts. Its no biggie.

kenny schmitt said:
when i jack up my rear my wheel (axle) has abur 1/8th of an inch play like i was pulling the wheel off what does this meen i dont think anything is leaking should i be concerned i have a chry 8.25

No, you should not be concerned. the 8.25 is a c-clip axle. The axle shaft will have some amount of play in and out of the tube.

kenny schmitt said:
So is this a stupid Q or does no1 have an answer

Chill out, you cant always expect an immediate answer to a question on this site, or any other for that matter. Sometimes you get one, sometimes it takes a bit longer. It will come, so have some patience.

This really should be in OE tech can we get a mod to move it
Ryan

and it's like 1030 in the morning on a friday....goodness, i still have a hangover, why are we working!?!?!

its just the gap between your c-clip on the inneraxle and your differential side gear,totally normal.

Back