• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clunk noise, any ideas?

delp1213

NAXJA Forum User
got a hard clunk coming from the front right when Im in 4wd. it happens when i either give it gas real hard and quick, or when i let the clutch out and it starts to catch. ive been using 4 hi alot lately because of the non stop snow storms for 4 weeks here in colorado. I think it started when I was in 4 hi and pulled out of a parking spot with the wheel cut all the way and you could feel the front jump real hard and made a loud pop/clunk.

If you ever come up with the fix PLEASE let me know!! Ive done all three motor mounts,trac bar, u-joints axle and front shaft, and shocks in my quest, exactly the same complaint as you. I wheel pretty hard, I had a similar noise it turned out to be the lower control arm mount on the unibody (hole was slightly ovalled causing the arm to move slightly. was making a clunking cracking sound when changining from reverse to forward.

Back