• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

block heater

97XJ Jeeper

Semper Fi
has anyone ever used the ones that splice into the radiator hose. i have searched and only found info the frost plug type. if you have used them how good did it work and it it better than the frost plug type. it is cold here and would really like to have a somewhat warm XJ when i get off work at 2am. i also thought about remote start cause then in the summer i can cool the XJ of before i get in. how hard is that and what is envolved. i really dont know much about wiring. what is the best remote start sytem. does anybody make a plug and play so to say remote start for the XJ.
Thanks for any help.
97XJ Jeeper
:us:
:NAXJA:

anybody have any comments

I would go with the frost plug kind. we have run some of the in line ones on some of tractors and thay dont seem to work as good kind of ugley to the frost plug ones are pretty ez to put in the in line 6 has lots of room on the passenger side. I know on my old ford ranger as 2004 the dealer had a remote start that was pretty much bolt on but I do not know about jeep.

hope it helps.

Back from the past! lol

Does anyone have a factory installed block heater? where is it mounted, front or rear frost plug???

---Thanks---

Just installed the Bulldog M200 remote start system in my 99 sport. I traded an ipod dock and a half a box of 9mm ammo for it. I wired in everything except the keyless entry option(have it factory already). It has been great so far and I can definately make a write up for anyone who wants it. PM me or email me at [email protected].

Thanks to all.

Located some info that block heaters go into the front freeze plug location on 6 cyl 4.0l.

Orange

Back