• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idiot lamp Cluster to the right of the steering wheel?

swbooking

NAXJA Forum User
Ive never had a light come on in the idiot lamp cluster to the right of the steering wheel? Anyone know whats supposed to light up there if anything? Its the same one where i have a clock in the top part of it (that cant keep time of course)
Reason asking is I wanna pull that, block it off and mount all my switches in that spot. Just dont wanna pull it and there actually be a necessity for those. Thanks
-Allen

Theres nothing back there unless you have the clock or possibly the factory security system? My 94 was just a dummy pannel and i pulled it out and found it to be a great spot for my external cb speaker. Go ahead and make use of it! a good way to know if there should be a light there is if it "posts" when you turn on the key, i.e., does the light come on for a few seconds when you turn the key on and or first start the jeep.

nope nothing i havent pulled it to look yet though but on that same note, its not like all the lights in my idiot cluster on the left side (With the 4WD, Washers etc...) turns on when i turn the key. But i figured the one on the right was a dummy.

I did search, saw that, and its not the same cluster as mine, same spot but looks to be the older version, Thanks though...

Back