• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New here...a few questions

maalox

NAXJA Forum User
A few weeks ago I picked up an '89 XJ Limited, after many years of wanting to own one. I have been slowly fixing some of the issues with the truck, but I've come to the point where the search feature on the boards here aren't helping me find answers to my questions. So here's what I've got, and I'm sure you guys will be able to help me out:

1. Engine/transmission mounts. I've read numerous threads about the Rusty's mounts, and the M.O.R.E. mounts, but the opinions seem to be inconclusive. I'm looking for something a little more durable than stock, but I've done the polyurethane mounts thing in other car I have owned, and the performance return wasn't worth the NVH tradeoff. I'm not looking for this thing to be a lexus, but I don't want my dash rattling apart at every stoplight. I'm also looking for an upgraded transmission mount.

2. Suspension bushings. Energy Susupension(via Summit Racing) offers a few different kits for these trucks, but I'm sure there are other offerings out there. What I'm after is a complete kit to replace all of the rubber suspension bushings with poly. I'm used to sports sedans with tight suspensions, and I would like to get rid of some of the slop in the suspension of the XJ. I'm not interested in doing a lift at this time

3. Bumpers. I'd like to upgrade the bumpers to something more useful for offroading. I like the ARB and Rusty's stuff just fine, but I'd like a less-expensive alternative, and something that won't require other visual modifications to the truck, as I like the way it looks.

So far I've done some basic maintenance stuff(fluid replacements, wipers, etc), replaced a faulty rear wiper motor, and added satellite radio. I still have to do the NSS cleanup/adjustment, fix the power locks, and convert the truck to the later stamped-steel valve cover and upgrade the PCV system. This board has been a valuable resource over the last few weeks, thanks to everyone. :worship:

Here's my new rig:

P1010002.JPG

Back