• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

building bumpershow about an opinion

akamcbird

NAXJA Forum User
im going to build bumpers for my mj
i dont like the look of the offroad bumpers sold du to the corners tapering up. i know that it gains you clearance but i dont do a lot of rock climbing, will i be disapointed if i dont copy this feature?

i think it looks a lot better than not tapering them. it gives the appearance of the jeep being higher. personally i have never encountered a situation where the tapering of my bumper has given me any advantage. im sure if you build it right, it could look good.

in the rear streight 2"x8"(~about~) square tube caped at both ends;recever and d-rings
in the front the same basic shape as whats being sold out there justcloser to the grill with no winch mount and, w\o the tapered ends and caped in a similar way to the stack boots as i am keeping the stock flairs and air damndammdamd ('86);recever and d-rings

yes... ive read what everyone thinks of recever mount winches (the twisting) ive seen it to ive also seen them reenforced\bracketed via the d-ring mounts with great success. (ill try to get pics next time im in his neiborhood only 200 or so miles away)

Back